Areas of Practice
Bill Wheatley is a Partner in Wheatley Bingham & Baker and has extensive civil litigation experience in the areas of tort and business litigation. Mr. Wheatley's practice has involved a wide variety of civil matters including catastrophic personal injury claims, common carriers, premises liability, products liability claims, public entity defense, business torts and breach of contract claims. He has substantial trial experience and has successfully litigated numerous cases throughout Southern California in state and federal court.
- Representation of one of several insurance companies in connection with the 2007 San Diego wildfire litigation resulting in a combined settlement of nine hundred eighty-five million dollars ($985,000,000) from the adverse party.
- Representation of various public entities in numerous wrongful death and catastrophic injury lawsuits involving claims of dangerous condition of public property.
- Representation of numerous defendants in wrongful death and catastrophic claims arising out of claims involving automobiles, commercial trucks, buses and other common carriers.
- Representation of an international car manufacturer in products liability lawsuit involving serious personal injury.
- Representation of a large retailer in premises liability claim involving shooting death of clerk and catastrophic injury of customer by third party.
- Representation of three individuals in breach of contract and ERISA dispute against one of the largest companies in the world resulting in two successful Ninth Circuit appeals prior to settlement.
- Representation of national restaurant chain in catastrophic hot soup burn injury claim involving a minor.
- Representation of multiple plaintiffs against Southern California Edison in connection with wildfire losses and personal injury resulting in jury verdict against Edison and multi-million dollar settlement thereafter.
- Representation of party in multi-million dollar lawsuit in San Jose involving a severe brain injury resulting in 100% disability and requiring 24/7 care and treatment.
- Representation of party in spinal cord/brain injury accident arising from the malfunction of an industrial crane in Long Beach.
- Representation of party in serious industrial accident arising from a fall from a large chiller resulting in serious brain injury requiring 24/7 lifetime care and treatment.