Areas of Practice
Roger Bingham is a shareholder in the law firm of Wheatley Bingham & Baker, LLP. Mr. Bingham's areas of practice include complex civil litigation including general tort, business and commercial litigation, contracts, leases, professional liability, products liability and public entity liability. Mr. Bingham's general tort and commercial litigation practice includes representation of multiple public and private entities from the transportation sector in diverse litigation matters. Mr. Bingham has represented some of Southern California's largest light and heavy rail, bus, limousine and taxicab providers in numerous matters involving catastrophic injuries with substantial monetary exposure. Mr. Bingham's products liability practice includes representation of international manufacturers of household appliances, tools, products and commercial equipment. His professional liability practice involves representation of attorneys in a wide range of litigation matters.
- Representation of a public transit corporation in multiple wrongful death lawsuits arising from fatal accidents involving public transit buses and trains.
- Representation of a public light rail entity in a catastrophic injury accident involving a light rail vehicle and automobile.
- Representation of a national construction company in multi-million dollar lawsuit involving the electrocution death of an individual at a public transit facility.
- Representation of a light rail entity in multiple lawsuits involving design and security issues associated with various light rail stations, including Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego.
- Representation of a public transit corporation in regard to a multi-million dollar lawsuit involving a bicyclist and a public transit bus which resulted in permanent injuries, disabilities and disfigurement to the bicyclist.
- Representation of a private transportation charter company in multi-million dollar wrongful death lawsuit involving the ejection of a vehicle from the Coronado Bay Bridge in San Diego.
- Representation of public and private transportation entities involving ADA lawsuits arising from the design and construction of stations and facilities.
- Representation of public and private transportation entities involving the carriage of disabled passengers and satisfaction of ADA requirements.
- Representation of a private transportation company in a multi-million dollar bus versus pedestrian accident in San Francisco resulting in permanent brain injury to the pedestrian.
- Representation of a private motor coach operator and public transit entity in regard to the alleged rape of a passenger on a public transit bus in revenue service.
- Representation of public transportation entity in regard to alleged violations of the California Environmental Quality Act ("CEQA").
- Representation of public transportation entity regarding alleged violations charged by the California Air Resources Board ("CARB").
- Representation of light rail provider in a multi-million dollar lawsuit involving an LRV versus wheelchair patron in a light rail station.
- Representation of a public transit entity in regard to catastrophic accident involving a light rail train and pedestrian at a designated grade crossing in San Diego.
- Representation of a national security company in connection with a severe brain injury accident involving an adolescent falling out of a security vehicle.
- Representation of an international manufacturer of power tools in regard to a dismembering injury to the user of a commercial power saw.
- Representation of an international manufacturer of children's toys regarding a wrongful death action involving a child killed while riding an alleged defective product.
- Representation of an international manufacturer regarding product defect lawsuits associated with residential fires allegedly caused by defective toaster ovens and appliances.
Professional Liability Defense:
- Representation of a law firm in a professional liability lawsuit arising from legal services rendered in an underlying wrongful death litigation associated with a defective all-terrain forklift.
- Representation of a law firm in a professional liability action arising from the purchase, operation and management of a hotel in La Jolla.
- Representation of a law firm in a professional liability action arising from the underlying purchase and sale of a major restaurant in Rancho Santa Fe.
- Representation of a law firm in a professional malpractice action associated with the attorneys' representation of a client in a serious underlying personal injury matter.
- Business and Corporate Representation:
- Counseling and representation of one of Southern California's largest taxicab and limousine companies in connection with all litigation matters.
- Representation of various businesses in connection with the negotiation and drafting of commercial leases.
- Representation of a variety of business entities in connection with general corporate advice and structuring.
- Counseling and representation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies in regard to member disputes and claims of fraud and misdealings.
- Counseling and representation of one of the nation's largest private motor coach operators regarding litigation, employment and transactional matters.
Employment and Labor:
- Representation of large private transportation company in connection with a wide range of labor and employment litigation, advice and counseling, including claims for wrongful termination of management employees.
- Representation of public corporation and entity in lawsuit involving claims of harassment, discrimination and work place violations.
- Representation of various private business entities in regard to the preparation and negotiation of employment contracts, counseling of employees and development of employee manuals, policies and procedures.
Serious Catastrophic Personal Injury Litigation:
- Representation of party in multi-million dollar lawsuit in San Jose involving a severe brain injury resulting in 100% disability and requiring 24/7 lifetime care and treatment.
- Representation of party in spinal cord/brain injury accident arising from the malfunction of an industrial crane in Long Beach.
- Representation of party in serious industrial accident arising from a fall from a large chiller resulting in serious brain injury to the individual requiring 24/7 lifetime care and treatment.